1. Data on file. ProXeed® Plus product information. Sigma-Tau
2. Hendin BN, Kolettis PN, Sharma RK et al. Varicocele is associated with elevated spermatozoa reactive oxygen species production and diminished seminal plasma antioxidant capacity. J Urol . 1999 Jun;161(6):1831-1834.
3. Kolettis PN, Sharma RK, Pasqualotto FF et al. Effect of seminal oxidative stress on fertility after vasectomy reversal. Fertil Steril . 1999 Feb;71(2):249-255.
4. Saleh RA, Agarwal A, Nada EA et al. Negative effects of increased sperm DNA damage in relation to seminal oxidative stress in men with idiopathic and male factor infertility. Fertil Steril. 2003 Jun;79 Suppl 3:1597-1605.
5. Agarwal A, Said TM. Carnitines and male infertility. Reprod BioMed Online. 2004 Apr;8(4):376–384..
6. Cavallini G, Ferraretti AP, Gianaroli L et al. Cinnoxicam and L-carnitine/acetyl-L-carnitine treatment for idiopathic and varicocele-associated oligoasthenospermia. J Androl. 2004 Sep-Oct;25(5):761-770.
7. Lenzi A, Sgro P, Salacone P et al. A placebo-controlled double-blind randomized trial of the use of combined L-carnitine and acetyl-L-carnitine treatment in men with asthenospermia. Fertil Steril. 2004 Jun;81(6):1578-1584.
8. Garolla A, Maiorino M, Roverato A et al. Oral carnitine supplementation increases sperm motility in asthenozoospermic men with normal sperm phospholipid hydroperoxide glutathione peroxidase levels. Fertil Steril. 2005 Feb;83(2):355-361.
9. Costa M, Canale D, Filicori M et al. L-carnitine in idiopathic asthenozoospermia: a multicenter study. Italian Study Group on Carnitine and Male Infertility. Andrologia. 1994 May-Jun;26(3):155-159.
10. Agarwal A, Nallella KP, Allamaneni SS, Said TM. Role of antioxidants in treatment of male infertility: an overview of the literature. Reprod Biomed Online. 2004 Jun;8(6):616-627. Review. www.rbmonline.com/Article/1284 on web 7 April 2004.
11. Vicari E, Calogero AE. Effects of treatment with carnitines in infertile patients with prostato-vesiculo-epididymitis. Hum Reprod . 2001 Nov;16(11):2338-2342.
12. Vicari E, La Vignera S, Calogero AE. Antioxidant treatment with carnitines is effective in infertile patients with prostatovesiculoepididymitis and elevated seminal leukocyte concentrations after treatment with nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory compounds. Fertil Steril. 2002 Dec;78(6):1203-1208.
13. Golan R, Shalev DP, Wasserzug O et al. Influence of various substrates on the acetylcarnitine:carnitine ratio in motile and immotile human spermatozoa. J Reprod Fertil. 1986 Sep;78(1):287-293.
14. Scott R, MacPherson A, Yates RW, Hussain B, Dixon J. The effect of oral selenium supplementation on human sperm motility. Br J Urol. 1998 Jul;82(1):76-80.
15. Balercia G, Mosca F, Mantero F et al. Coenzyme Q(10) supplementation in infertile men with idiopathic asthenozoospermia: an open, uncontrolled pilot study. Fertil Steril. 2004 Feb;81(1):93-98.
16. Lewin A, Lavon H. The effect of coenzyme Q10 on sperm motility and function. Mol Aspects Med. 1997 (18 Suppl):S213-S219.
17. Dawson EB, Harris WA, Teter MC et al. Effect of ascorbic acid supplementation on the sperm quality of smokers. Fertil Steril. 1992 Nov;58(5):1034-1039.
18. Wong WY, Thomas CM, Merkus JM et al. Male factor subfertility: possible causes and the impact of nutritional factors. Fertil Steril. 2000 Mar;73(3):435-442. Review.
19. Wong WY, Merkus HM, Thomas CM et al. Effect of folic acid and zinc sulfate on male factor subfertility: a double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled trial. Fertil Steril. 2002 Mar;77(3):491-498.
20. Rivlin J, Mendel J, Rubinstein S et al. Role of hydrogen peroxide in sperm capacitation and acrosome reaction. Biol Reprod. 2004 Feb;70(2):518-22. Epub 2003 Oct 15.
21. Padron OF, Brackett NL, Sharma RK et al. Seminal reactive oxygen species and sperm motility and morphology in men with spinal cord injury. Fertil Steril. 1997 Jun;67(6):1115-1120.
22. Sharma RK, Agarwal A. Role of reactive oxygen species in male infertility. Urology. 1996 Dec;48(6):835-850. Review.
23. Agarwal A, Saleh RA, Bedaiwy MA. Role of reactive oxygen species in the pathophysiology of human reproduction. Fertil Steril. 2003 Apr;79(4):829-843.
24. Pasqualotto FF, Sharma RK, Potts JM et al. Seminal oxidative stress in patients with chronic prostatitis. Urology . 2000 June;55(6):881-885.
25. de Lamirande E, Jiang H, Zini A., et al. Reactive oxygen species and sperm physiology. Hum. Reprod. 2000; 15(6): 1314-1321.
26. Griveau JF, Le Lannou D. Reactive oxygen species and human spermatozoa: physiology and pathology. Int J Androl. 1997 Apr;20(2):61-69. Review.
27. Mammoto A, Masumoto N, Tahara M et al. Reactive oxygen species block sperm-egg fusion via oxidation of sperm sulfhydryl proteins in mice. Biol Reprod. 1996 Nov;55(5):1063-1068.
28. Aitken RJ, Gordon E, Harkiss D et al. Relative impact of oxidative stress on the functional competence and genomic integrity of human spermatozoa. Biol Reprod. 1998 Nov;59(5):1037-1046.
29. Kemal Duru NK, Morshedi M, Oehninger S. Effects of hydrogen peroxide on DNA and plasma membrane integrity of human spermatozoa. Fertil Steril. 2000 Dec;74(6):1200-1207.
30. Sun JG, Jurisicova A, Casper RF. Detection of deoxyribonucleic acid fragmentation in human sperm: correlation with fertilization in vitro. Biol Reprod. 1997 Mar;56(3):602–607.
31. Aziz N, Saleh RA, Sharma RK et al. Novel association between sperm reactive oxygen species production, sperm morphological defects, and the sperm morphological defects, and the sperm deformity index. Fertil Steril. 2004 Feb;81(2):349-354.
32. Vicari E, Cerri L, Cataldo T et al. Effectiveness of single and combined antioxidant therapy in patients with astheno-necrozoospermia from non-bacterial epididymitis: effects after acetyl-carnitine or carnitine-acetyl-carnitine. Abstract. In: 12th National Conference of the Italian Andrology Association. Copanello, Italy; June 9-12, 1999.
33. Vicari E. Effectiveness of a short-term anti-oxidative high-dose therapy on IVF program outcome in infertile male patients with previous excessive sperm radical oxygen species production persistent even following antimicrobials administered for epididymitis: preliminary results. In: International Meeting on Infertility and Assisted Reproductive Technology. Porto Carvo, Italy; June 11-14, 1997:93-97.